This homemade chocolate chip pancakes recipe is always my kid’s favorite breakfast! If you are looking for fluffy, easy, quick, and chocolatey pancakes, this recipe is the perfect one; just add your favorite toppings, and YUM! and it will ready in 10 minutes.
What is nice about this chocolate chip pancakes recipe; is that the ingredients are available in the kitchen pantry. Also, this recipe works very well for classic pancakes.
Whether it is breakfast or brunch, this classic chocolate chip pancake recipe is always a winner! It is hard to resist this melted chocolate in each bite.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes Ingredients:
- Flour: All-purpose flour works well. (If you are gluten sensitive, use gluten-free flour; it works well for this recipe).
- Baking powder: gives a fluffy pancake as it works as a rising agent.
- Sugar: adds a little bit of sweetness.
- Salt: balance the sweet.
- Melted butter: A few tablespoons of unsalted butter gives that perfect amount of fat you need for the pancake.
- Milk: I used 2% milk but feel free to substitute with buttermilk, almond, soy, etc.
- Egg: use a large egg.
- Vanilla: adds flavor.
- Chocolate chip: I used semi-sweet chocolate chip but feel free to add your favorite.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes?
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredient: In a different bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Whisking: Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of the dry ingredients until just combined (the batter should be lumpy).
- Cooking: Over medium heat, spray a flat pan or skillet with oil or butter. Pour ¼ cup of the batter, sprinkle dome chocolate chips on top, cook on one side until bubbles form, then flip to the other, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve it with a small piece of butter on top and drizzle maple syrup.
- Do not over mix the batter. That will result in tough, dry, and not fluffy pancakes.
- Keep your eyes in the heat. If the pan gets too hot, remove it from heat to cool down and wipe it off to avoid burnt pancakes.
- If you like you can fold the chocolate chips in the batter.
- Feel free to add any type of chocolate you prefer; also, you might add fruits instead (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.)
- Grease the pan or skillet; by spraying it with oil or butter to get a crispy, buttery pancake. Also, avoid sticking and be easy to flip the pancake.
Serve This Pancake With:
The options are endless 😋
- Scrambled eggs and omelets.
- Fresh fruits.
- Toasted nuts.
- Whipping cream.
- Jam (strawberry, peach, mixed berries, etc.)
- Warm maple syrup.
- Chocolate or caramel syrup.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freeze the cooked pancakes for up to 3 months.
- Reheat the pancakes in the microwave, air fryer, or flat-top pan.