Are you looking for an easy dinner idea that will also make your family happy? Look no further than this delicious recipe for an easy air fryer meatballs as an appetizer or with some spaghetti and yum!
Air fryers are all the rage lately, but it can be difficult to know what to do with one beyond making French fries. These easy, juicy meatballs will have everyone impressed by how much flavor they provide with minimal effort – plus, they’re packed full of nutrients! Ready in just 20 minutes. Let’s get started on these tasty air fryer meatballs!
Easy Air Fryer meatballs Ingredients:
- Meat: Ground Beef, turkey, or chicken. I used ground beef for this recipe.
- Egg: Used as a binder.
- Breadcrumbs and milk: This mixture gives a soft and tender meatball.
- Spices: Onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Parmesan cheese: Adds a rich flavor to the meatballs.
- Fresh chopped parsley: gives the meatballs a pleasant taste.
How to make Air Fryer Meatballs?
1- Soak. Mix the breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl and leave aside for about 5 minutes.
2- Combine the ingredients. In a large bowl, add the ground beef, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and the breadcrumbs-milk mixture. Mix them all together.
3- Shape into balls. Shape into 1 oz size balls (1.5-2 inches). Place them on a tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes to rest.
4- Cook. Place the meatballs in the basket of the air fryer in one layer leaving a space between each one. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot as an appetizer with dip sauce (Marinara), or with pasta and Enjoy!
- You can use any meat you prefer, but keep in mind if using lean meat; the meatballs might dry out easier.
- You can substitute the breadcrumbs for two white toasts but cut off the brown edges. (or use whole wheat toast for a healthier option or gluten-free bread).
- Don’t overcook the meatballs, resulting in dry and chewy meatballs.
- The meatballs are cooked when the internal temperature is 165°F. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, it’s okay; slice it in half, and the middle shouldn’t be pink.
- The breadcrumbs and the egg work as a binder to the meatballs, preventing them from falling apart.
- I use a small bowl of water to wet my hands while shaping the meatballs; the water helps to smooth my hands and not stick the meat in my hands.
What to serve with this Air Fryer Meatballs?
- Add roasted vegetables or potatoes as a side dish to complete the meal.
- You can also pair meatballs with a classic tomato sauce, pesto, or spicy pasta dish.
- For something different, try serving them with mashed potatoes and gravy for a unique twist on a traditional dish.
- Or, if you’re looking for an indulgent and comforting combination, try pairing your meatballs with creamy pasta dishes such as macaroni and cheese.
- Also, it will be perfect with soups, try this Easy Meatball Vermicelli Soup
No matter what you choose, it’s sure to be delicious!
Store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
How to Freeze the Meatballs?
Making meatballs ahead of time is a great way to save time and hassle when preparing meals. Transfer the cooked meatballs to an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to use them, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before cooking. To cook from frozen, simply add frozen meatballs to your sauce or broth and simmer for about 20 minutes until cooked through. Enjoy!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES:
Creamy Four-Cheese Mac And Cheese