Are you looking for a little spice and flavor in your life? Then look no further than this delicious, best penne arrabbiata recipe! It’s the perfect comfort food without being too heavy – and with just the right kick of heat, it will keep your taste buds dancing.
Plus, it’s easy to make, so even if you don’t consider yourself a master chef inside the kitchen, you can still whip up this delicious home-cooked dish in no time.
It requires only simple ingredients that you already have at home. This tomato-based sauce packs in some heat with red pepper flakes along with garlic, the combination of these flavors results in an incredibly tasty dish that your family’s sure to love!
What is Arrabbiata?
Arrabbiata is an Italian word that literally translates to “angry.” It refers to the spiciness of the dish, as it usually includes hot chili peppers. The heat from the chili pepper adds a bold flavor and is balanced with sweet tomatoes for a delicious Italian classic.
Penne Arrabbiata Ingredients:
- Pasta: penne pasta.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Garlic: fresh minced garlic.
- Crushed tomatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Dried Oregano: for seasoning (Optional).
- Sugar: To offset the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Crushed red chili flakes: feel free to use less or more amount of the chili flakes.
- Parmesan cheese and Parsley for garnish.
How To Make the Best Penne Arrabbiata Recipe?
1. Cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and stir occasionally—Cook for 10 minutes or until Aldente. Remove from heat and drain.
2. Make the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant – about 1 minute. Then add the red chili flakes and constantly stir for 15 seconds. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, and add the salt, sugar, and dried oregano. Reduce the heat to low, Simmer until slightly thickened – about 10 minutes – stirring occasionally.
3. Finish it up. Add the cooked penne to the sauce in the skillet and mix until everything is well combined. Serve hot with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley or basil, and Enjoy!
- You can substitute the penne with any pasta you prefer (Spaghetti, Rotini, etc.)
- Feel free to add meat (ground beef, chicken, shrimp, meatballs) or add vegetables (zucchini, peppers, broccoli, onions, etc.).
- You can control the amount of red chili flakes depending on how spicy you prefer.
What to Serve with Penne Arrabbiata?
Penne arrabbiata is a hearty and delicious dish that pairs well with a variety of side dishes, such as:
- Garlic bread.
- Green or Caesar salad.
- Oven-roasted vegetables like zucchini, eggplants, and bell peppers.
- Roasted potatoes.
Place the leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze for 2-3 months. Reheat in a pot on low heat or use the microwave.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES:
Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad | No Mayo
CHECK OUT MORE RECIPES:
Creamy Tomato Soup With Fresh Tomatoes