This easy creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is one of my favorite comfort foods. It is delicious, garlicky, and cheesy. A homemade from scratch Alfredo sauce, pan-seared juicy chicken, and an addition of fresh spinach and sun-dried tomatoes are all that you need for a perfect dinner!
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Ingredients:
- Pasta: I prefer Fettuccine pasta. But you can substitute linguine, spaghetti, etc.
- Chicken Breast: Skinless and boneless. Slice them half lengthwise and Season with Salt, Black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Butter: For sauteing the garlic and flour.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: To sear the chicken breasts.
- Flour: To make the basic creamy Bechamel sauce.
- Milk: I used 2% milk; it helps to create this creamy Bechamel sauce.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: The main ingredient in the Alfredo sauce.
- Heavy cream: I used ¼ cup to add a rich and delicious taste.
- Pasta water: helps lighten the sauce.
- Seasoning: salt, black pepper, and nutmeg.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic gives the Alfredo sauce’s fresh, garlicky taste.
- Fresh spinach leaves and sun-dried tomatoes: (optional) give flavor and nice color to the dish.
- Garnish fresh chopped parsley and extra parmesan cheese.
How to make Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo?
- Cook the pasta. Bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and oil. Add the pasta stir occasionally—Cook for 10 minutes or until Aldente. Remove from heat and drain. (save ½ cup of pasta water before draining).
- Prep the Chicken Breasts. Slice them half lengthwise, season both sides with a dash of salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook the Chicken. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, then pan-seared the chicken breast for 5 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make the Alfredo sauce. Using the same skillet, melt the butter, add the minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the flour and stir until it is toasted and lightly browned. Gradually pour the milk with continuously whisking until all the flour is dissolved. Add the spices, heavy cream, pasta water, and parmesan cheese.
- Finish it up. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, then toss the fettuccine in the sauce and stir.
- Serve. Cut the chicken breast into ½ inch slices and top the pasta. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and extra parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.
- Avoid overcooking the chicken breast; it might end into a dry and chewy meat. I recommend using a thermometer (affiliate) to get an internal temperature to 165°F. Also, you can substitute the chicken breast for chicken thighs or Shrimp.
- If the Alfredo sauce is too thick, add more ½ -1 cup of hot water.
- If the Alfredo sauce is too watery and is not thick enough, cook for a few minutes or in a small bowl; dissolve one tablespoon of flour in ½ cup of cold water, then add it to the sauce and cook.
- Adding the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes are optional; you can add or substitute with mushrooms, broccoli, etc. Or just leave it simple chicken Alfredo; it is yummy too!
What to serve with Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo?
- I like to serve the chicken fettuccine Alfredo with a side of warm Soup (Creamy Mushroom Soup or Creamy Tomato Soup).
- Also, it can be served with some Garlic bread, Garlic cheese bread, or Salad on the side.
Place the leftovers in an air-tight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.