The best part about this baked lamb chops recipe is that you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen; It’s so easy and comes out so tender and juicy. Yum, just Yum!
All you need to do is marinate with simple ingredients, then bake, and voila! You will have a perfect elegant dinner for your family and friends 😀.
The secret to the Mediterranean lamb chop taste is the onion juice, which gives the meat a delicious flavor and tenderness! So, check out my tips on making this onion juice. (This recipe works very well with grilled lamb rib chops and loin chops).
Baking lamb chops in the oven is the easiest way to cook them, the meat will be evenly cooked, tender, and full of flavor, and you will keep your stovetop clean 😅
What Are Lamb Chops?
Lamb chops are one of the best and most expensive cuts of lamb. It is the meat from the area around the ribs and then cut into individual lamb chops. It is very tender and juicy, making them delicious!
Lamb Loin Chops VS. Lamb Rib Chops
The lamb loin chops are part of the T-shaped bone with no bones. It is leaner than the lamb rib chops and has more meat.
Baked Lamb Chops Ingredients:
- Lamb chops: are the main ingredient here, so make sure to pick good quality meat, and if it is sold in one big piece, cut it into about 1 ½ inch in thickness.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic adds a great flavor.
- Onion: I am using onion juice by grating the onion and then squeezing out the juice (save the grated onion for another recipe).
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives freshness to the meat.
- Spices: Seven spices, sweet paprika, and chili flakes (optional).
- Salt and black pepper: To taste.
- Oil: Canola or extra virgin olive oil; for coating and giving that nice golden-brown color.
- Garnish: Fresh chopped parsley.
How to make these Baked Lamb Chops?
- Make the Marinade. Mix the onion juice, minced garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, spices, salt, black pepper, and oil in a large bowl.
- Marinate. In a serving baking tray, coat the lamb chops with the marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight for better results.
- Cook. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, then turn on the broil for 2 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Rest. Once the chops are cooked, remove them from the oven and leave them to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve. Serve it hot with a side of salad or/and rice with some dip too (Hummus, Tahini sauce, Baba ghanoush, or garlic dip).
- It is better to marinate the lamb chops for at least 30 minutes or overnight for best results, but make sure to cover and place them in the refrigerator. While you preheat the oven, bring them out and let them sit at room temperature.
- Leave the baked lamb chops to rest before serving; to allow the juices to concentrate inside the lamb chops.
What To Serve With Baked Lamb Chops?
- Pasta: your Choice of pasta (Whole Wheat or Regular pasta).
- Salad: Green Salad or Tabbouleh.
- Store the leftovers in an air-tight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Reheat: Heat the oven to 300-325°F and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Freeze: You can freeze the uncooked marinated lamb chops in the freezer for 2-3 months. I don’t recommend freezing the cooked chops as they will be overcooked and dry from reheating.