No one can resist shrimp, especially if it is perfectly seasoned, tender, and juicy! This healthy baked shrimp with delicious garlicky herbs sauce is the perfect dinner and easy to cook!
This Oven Baked Shrimp has a Middle Eastern flair. Lemon juice, garlic, herbs, and spices are all you need for a perfect shrimp dish 😋. Also, this recipe is not spicy as my 15 Minutes Spicy Shrimp Recipe! But you can always adjust your level of heat 😀.
Is Shrimp Healthy?
Yes! Shrimp is one of those foods that are low in calories but are very high in nutritional value. 3 oz of shrimp has almost 90% of the calories from protein and another 10% from fat. AKA No Carbs. (1)
Shrimp also contains various vitamins and minerals, the most important of which are Iodine and Selenium.
Selenium has been linked to multiple benefits, such as supporting the immune system and inflammatory and cardiovascular benefits. (4)
Oven Baked Shrimp Ingredients:
- Raw Shrimps: Thawed, peeled, deveined, and tail on or off. I prefer large shrimps for this recipe but feel free to use any available shrimps in your freezer.
- Garlic: adds a great flavor and fragrance.
- Lemon juice: freshly squeezed, gives a tangy taste.
- Extra virgin olive oil: adds flavor to the sauce.
- Butter: I used light butter and added it to the shrimp to give it a shiny color.
- Fresh parsley: Adds fresh flavor and is also used as a garnish.
- Ground cumin and coriander: enhances the flavor.
- Chili flakes (optional): Give a kick of heat (If you like heat, add more).
- Salt and black pepper: to taste.
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices.
How to make Oven Baked Shrimp?
- Prepare the shrimp. Thaw the shrimps if frozen. If you are running short on time, you can thaw quickly by running cold water on them and drain very well.
- Prepare the shrimp marinade. Using a food processor, grind the garlic cloves, ground cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Marinade the shrimp. Add the marinade to the shrimp in a baking tray, cover, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the shrimp. Cut the butter into small pieces, spread it on top of the shrimp, and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp are cooked through (pink and opaque).
- Serve. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices and serve immediately with a side of rice, pasta, or salad.
- Avoid overcooking. Shrimps don’t take time to cook and can quickly turn rubbery if overcooked. They should be pink, opaque, and curled into “C” shapes.
- Raw vs. pre-cooked shrimps. Raw shrimps are used for this recipe, as the pre-cooked will turn out soft and lack flavor.
- Marinate. I prefer to marinate the shrimp for at least 30 minutes to get all the flavors, but if you don’t have time, it is okay 😀 add the marinade to the shrimp and bake, it will taste delicious too 😋!
What to Serve with Baked Shrimp?
Make it a meal with a side of some veggies, carbs, or salad.
Rice: Egyptian Rice With Vermicelli Noodles or Yellow rice.
Pasta: Whole wheat or Regular pasta.
Salad: Green salad, Fattoush salad, or Tabbouleh.
Store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for three days.